Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Nova Scotian Weekend



The long weekend in May (May 20th-23rd), we went home to Nova Scotia. We had a lot on the go so the weekend was very busy. John was able to take Friday off so we could head down a day earlier. We stayed at my Dad & Ivy's that night and we had a great family dinner with them. Saturday monring we woke up early and headed to pick up my dress at Erin's house. Forrest and Fisher played for a few minutes but then we had to take off again and go to my Aunt Nancy's house because my sister had just flown in from Toronto and we couldn't wait to see her again - Forrest was very excited ;) We hung out with Lauren and my mom, Donald and Aunt Nancy for the afternoon and then John and I went to Debbie and Peter's wedding while my mom baby sat Forrest. The wedding was very nice and it was so great to see everyone! We had a lot of fun even though we didn't stay too late (5am comes very early). Sunday was Forrest's Baptism so we were up before dawn to get ready (we had to be at the church at 8:15 and the church was an hour away - OUCH). The baptism went very well and we are so appreciative of all our family and some friends coming to it. We are so lucky to have such great people in our lives. Janet & Rick hosted a little reception back at their place after the ceremony and it was just so nice. All the family came and celebrated with us and got some snuggle time in.
The weekend was so action packed that it went by in a blur. We were on the road early monday morning to head back to NB and got home just before supper. It was a fantastic weekend though and just makes me realize how much I miss NS.

the beautiful bride and groom (Mr. & Mrs. Stitchman)

Nancy, Amanda, Erin & me


Amanda, Erin & I

us with the bride (it just dawned on me that I bought these killer shoes for this dress and I have no pictures of the shoes with the dress-haha)

awwww...I love these ladies. We have the same picture with these gals at my wedding

me and my handsome little man

Baptism ceremony


I love love love my little family

Uncle Kyle, Uncle Andrew, Father Tom (the minister that married us as well), Me, John, Forrest and Auntie L

the beautiful cake

No comments: