Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Picking my jaw up off the ground...

This afternoon I had a few errands to run while hubbs and babe stayed at home! While out I went into a bra shop to check out some nursing bras and also check out what they have that I could wear with the bridesmaid dresses I'll be sporting this summer! While there the woman suggested that since I had just had a baby and was nursing it would be a good idea to get fitted. So away she went taking my measurements. She came back with 2 bras for me to try! I tried them on an never have I put on a bra that fit me so well in all my life...especially these days! I looked down at the tag and my jaw dropped for 2 reasons: 1) the price and 2) the size. Yes folks, in all my post-partum nursing glory I am now wearing a 34F! INSANE!!! Never have I been that size in all my life and it is no wonder I am a little self conscious of the girls these days! lol Maybe thats where the last 5 lbs of baby weight is?! haha!
Speaking of which, I am pretty proud that I have a mere 5 lbs out of 35 left to lose! It's a sticky 5 lbs but I am so sure I can do! In fact, I am so sure I've given myself a goal of an extra 10-15 lbs to lose by wedding #1 (which is August 27th). That said - even though I am only 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight my body is in no way the same shape as it once was! It really is true that pregnancy wrecks havoc on your figure! Of course, it's totally worth it!!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I jumped from a DDD to a F at only 8wks pregnant and I haven't gotten remeasured since. I was thinking of going to a specialty shop tomorrow but not sure if I want to shell out $50 for a bra!!!