Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lilah is 3 months old

December 1st 2012 my sweet little Lilah turned 3 months old. She is just so bright and beautiful I could kiss her little face a million times a day (actually I probably do come close to a million times). She is a petite little gal weighing only 10 lbs 3 oz and 23 inches long. She still wears size 1 diapers and 0-3 months clothing (in fact a lot of it is still a little big on her). She has so many cute outfits that were given as gifts that I am dying to wear on her but as soon as I try to put one on it is swimming on her little frame. She sleeps pretty good once she is asleep - only waking twice usually to eat and then typically goes right back to sleep. The tough part is getting her to sleep. Unlike her brother who used to nurse and drift to dreamland this little one rarely, if ever, falls asleep at the breast. She like to be rocked or walked to sleep. She is quite the mommy's girl. I enjoy the snuggles but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to getting a little frustrated at times when I have been rocking her for about an hour and she is still smiling up at me or fussing. Especially this time of year when I have a bazillion things to do to get ready for the holidays - shop, wrap, bake, clean, decorate all while trying to be a good mommy and wife. Oh well, it is what it is and I should concentrate on enjoying the time while she still likes to snuggle considering my almost 2 year old (say whaaa? 2?? ::sniff sniff::) has absolutely no time to snuggle his dear old mom. Lilah is not the biggest fan of tummy time and has showed no real signs of rolling over yet. She loves to watch her big brother though and smiles and coos constantly at him (mommy and daddy's hearts practically burst watching them together). Lilah had her first road trip this past month and was an excellent little traveller. We're hoping we got lucky with 2 kids that like to travel since we frequently make trips to Nova Scotia.

No comments: