Monday, January 21, 2013

Lilah is 4 Months Old (definitely about 3 weeks late but better late than never)


Lilah turned 4 months old on January 1st 2013 (on her Daddy's 30th birthday). This past month (December) was quite an eventful month for sweet little Lilah. She helped mommy do some Christmas shopping, she met Santa Claus and she celebrated her first Christmas. This was also the month she decided to boycott any and all sleep. Man oh man we had some rough days and nights. I'd be lying if I said I didn't call my own mom crying on several occasions. John and I thought there was no such thing as a baby that slept worse than Forrest and this month that thought was definitely tested. We ended up caving and just having her sleep with us so I could nurse her without having to get up a bazillion times and it also comforted her to be close to me. She is such a mommy's girl that she needs to touch me or feel me which is actually pretty sweet (as frustrating as it can be at times). At 4 months she weighed in at 11 lbs and 8 oz and 25 inches long. She had her 4 month needles which she didn't like at all. She cried and cried and nothing soothed her, not nursing her, her soother, me holding her and bouncing or walking, nothing until I laid her down on the doctor's table with the roll of paper on it and she could hear the sound of it crunching as she moved and then all was forgotten as she was all smiles at this sounds she was making. She is still exclusively breastfed and in size 2 diapers, 0-3 or 3 months clothing (which some of it is still a little big on her) and she still hates tummy time. She lights up when she is around her brother and loves her play mat and playskool toy.
She is such a smiley happy baby but has her cranky periods too. Love our little girl so very much.

No comments: