Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring has Sprung

One sure way to know that nice weather is within our grasp is when our weekends start picking up and getting busier. Winter had us hibernating a lot during the cold snowy months so as soon as there is a hint of sunshine and grass our weekends seem to kick off into overdrive.
Last weekend kept us hopping with a photography class I was taking, a birthday party for Forrest's little friend Conall (my friend Jackie's little boy who turned 3) and a party for John's boss to celebrate him being cancer free for 5 years.
This past weekend was  equally as busy with a visit from my dad on Friday, meeting him for breakfast at Cora's Saturday morning, helping Bobbi Lee and Chris move into their new house, a lovely and long overdue father-daughter date at Splash (a delicious Thai restaurant) Saturday night and then Sunday was spent with another visit from my dad (Forrest was in his element lol), some fun time at the playground and of course an ice cream afterwards. Lots of fun both weekends and next weekend is sure to be a busy one!! We have Lilah's Baptism in Halifax. My sister is flying home from Calgary and my Aunt is flying home from Ontario for the event. I am so excited to see them and everyone else. It should be a fun and very busy weekend. I've asked my sister and Erin to be Lilah's Godmothers and John has asked his brothers to be godfather. Janet and Rick have nicely offered to host the reception afterwards which is great. I am so excited to see everyone and celebrate a special day with family and good friends.

No comments: