Sunday, September 30, 2007

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!!

Just a quick post to fill y'all in!!! Yesterday on September 29th, John asked me to marry him!!! I of course said yes since it would be a dream come true to spend the rest of my life a man as amazing as John who also happens to be a great best friend and partner! I am sooooo ecstatic right now I can hardly stand it! I cannot get rid of this silly smile that is permanently plastered on my face! Cloud nine...forget it....I am on cloud 29!! He was sooo sweet! Since so manby of you are asking about the details on how it happened, here goes: He wanted to go out for "lunch" so he started driving downtown and said that we should go for a walk first...since it was such a beautiful fall day I happily agreed. So we were walking around downtown and then he said "let's walk up Citadel Hill". I was dead set against it (since that hill is HUGE and I was not in the most energetic mood). But as stubborn as he is he kept persisting...which if you know John is not unusual so I did not suspect a thing. So off we go trapsing up Citadel Hill (Me, grumbling a bit on the way). Once we get to the top we check out the view and it is gorgeous of course so at that point (after I had made it to the top) I was happy we did!! Then we start walking down the hill again...when he stops at the exact spot John and I shared our first kiss and where we really began our relationship. He says "This is where we had our first kiss. This is where we began...maybe we should have another kiss before we go". So we kissed and then he gets down on one knee and at this point I am thinking "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD...what is he doing...OH MY GOD!!!" He is getting really emotional and he is saying the most beautiful things ever and of course his words are making me cry and then he pulls out the ring and to finish off his speech he says "will you marry me?" and I of course said "YES!!!!". After our time there he took me to a Korean restuarant where we reminissed about the amazing time we had travelling and how we make such a great team!! I am so excited...I can barely stand it!! I am the luckiest girl in the world!! I get to grow old with a man as great as John!! (P.S. He even asked my dad for permission...how cute eh?!)
Enjoy the pics!!! I am off to enjoy the morning with my FINACEE!! hahaha....





1 comment:

heather said...

congrats again ainse I couldnt be happier for you. Honestly im crying now! Gosh I am such a goofball! xoxo