Tuesday, March 3, 2009

25 Random Things About Me:

25 random things...

1. I love to cook…this is something I have only recently realized…well since we moved into our house and I now have a kitchen I have room to move in and love
2. My latest guilty pleasure is the “fake” realty series The Hills and The City
3. I met my husband on a spring break trip to Daytona Beach with the girls, but we were just friends for almost a year before we started dating
4. The one thing I am most looking forward to in my life is also something that when I really stop and think about, it scares the bejesus out of me…. Someday having a baby! I know this is normal, as many mothers have told me this fear is completely rational.
5. With regards to #4, my excitement far outweighs my fear.
6. I am a huge believer in Karma
7. I really miss my sister and wish she could live closer. She is the one person in my life that can literally make me laugh til it hurts!
8. I am scared of cats…I tell everyone I don’t like them but the truth is they actually kind of scare me. (Oh, and they smell bad…haha)
9. Since I met John I have been inspired to do things I never thought I would do: bungee jump, be thrifty with money, shovel the driveway (haha), drive a standard, live in Korea, ride an elephant, go scuba diving in a tank of sharks, climb the Great Wall of China.
10. I am really happy I did not pursue my original career path with the RCMP. I realize now more than ever that it would not have been the right choice or fit for the life I have and want.
11. I once set myself on fire making a cup of tea…this was when I was like 13 or 14 and I literally had my sweater go up in flames. My sister chased me down the hall with a frying pan to try to put it out.
12. I cannot stand mushrooms no matter how many times I try them and no matter how much I TRY to like them…no…they are ick!
13. I absolutely love my husband’s smile and hope our future children inherit it
14. My wedding day was the best day of my life.
15. My favourite part of any TV show is the previews for next week’s episode
16. The best year of my life was the year we lived in Korea.
17. My work friends keep me sane! LoL
18. I suck at all sports…seriously there is not an athletic bone in my body
19. Although everyone jokes about my princess ways (partially due to my dad’s speech at our wedding) when I was little I really and truly thought I would marry Prince William and become a princess, hahaha
20. Everyday before John leaves for work I say “BE Careful” and if I ever forget (which is rare), I’ll call him from work and tell him before we hang up. I worry about him everyday climbing telephone poles, driving on the roads all day, and drilling, wires and stuff. (As you can probably tell, I am a worry-wart and I get that from my Nana and my Dad)
21. I do not have any tattoos and no desire to ever get one! I really, really dislike them!! I do have a belly button ring, which I am no longer a fan of, if it wouldn’t leave such a hideous scar I’d remove it immediately!
22. I wish my mom lived in the Halifax area. I miss having her close by!
23. My ideal Friday night is now coming home, making a home made pizza with John, having some wine and cuddling up on the couch for movies! My how things have changed…lol
24. I’d rather spend the day at the spa then go shopping…this is new for me, not long ago, I lived for shopping (wish I would win the lottery so I could live at the Spa, haha)
25. My favourite thing as a child was my Barbie’s! In fact, I still buy the really special ones from time to time and I still, would someday love to have a Barbie dream house!



No comments: