Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a night!

What a night it has been. I am sitting here watching the hockey game and completely consumed by all the excitement this evening.
The NDP won! Majority Government!!
First off I must say how proud I am of BOTH my parents. My mother was working hard on Stephen Tobin's (PC) campaign and although he did not win, it was a good effort.My mother truly worked hard to assist in whatever way she could. Many a nights I would call her and she would be out at headquarters answering phones, making calls or just out walking door to door seeking support for Stephen. I feel bad for her, Phyllis and Stephen (and the rest of their team)that they did not have the victory they worked so hard to acheive. But they worked hard and for that they should be proud.
For as long as I can remember my dad has been very active in the NDP. He and Ivy have always dove head first to help the NDP and support them. No matter what it took, they made sure to go the distance and do whatever it took to see them through to where they finally are today. I can't even begin to list all of the ways over the many years these two have offered their support to the NDP. I know this is a very happy and proud day for them. I can remember being a young teenage girl and my dad and Ivy had me, Mel and a few friends to assist them in handing out pamphlets door to door and believe you me, that was well before we were 'too cool' to do that. So that should give you an idea of how active they were for so long. I am happy they are finally seeing the results they so longed to see.
Now we are sitting back watching game 6 (Pens VS. Red Wings) and Pittsburgh just scored the first goal so it appears that it has been a night of excitement all around.
I'm off to catch the rest of this exciting game! ::fingers crossed::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on NDP winning the Majority. I remember the first time we tried to go vote and weren't allowed because of our address and hoping NDP would win! This is a happy day for us all!