Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reunited and it feels so good...

Well as you can see from the title of this post, the hubbs and I are finally back to living under the same roof. LOL, I just realized I wrote finally as if we were apart for a crazy long amount of time when in fact it was only a month and a half. But as newley weds in our first year of marriage, that is a month and a half longer than we would have liked.


Where to begin...well as you know we sold our house towards the end of August after it only being on the market a mere 3 to 4 weeks! Officially, the conditions were not met until Friday the 18th of September. So I put my notice in on September 16th at work. I have to admit, it was really tough to do. As much as everyone gripes about their job and hey, I'll admit, mine wasn't perfect by any means but overall it was a pretty great place to work. The people are what really made it what it was! I was so blessed to become friends with some pretty amazing girls! Some of us had been through a lot together, we were there for the good times and the bad, the happy and the sad and all the while we became better friends than I think we even realized!!! My last week of work was pretty sad. Friday was by far the worst day! My work had ordered in Chinese for us and I took a 2 hour lunch so I could sit with everyone. Friday night Amanda had some of us gals over for a good bye get together! We ate and talked and laughed and of course as I left, cried! It was tough for sure!! Saturday we packed up our stuff into the biggest U-Haul there was. Dad, Janet, Rick, Erin, Davey, Kyle and Jaime all came to help us. We are so appreciative of our wonderful family and friends who came out to help. Thank you to everyone for helping us. We are so lucky to have such supportive peeps in our lives. This move was definitely more difficult on us than the last since this time it was more of a 'Good bye' as well. I of course shed more tears that day as well. Saturday night after Janet, Rick, John and I had unloaded the U-Haul they took us out for a delicious Thai meal to celebrate our anniversaries. We had so much fun and a lot of laughs as we ate drank and chatted up a very...unusual...table next to us!! We came back to our palace (i.e the crappiest apartment ever, lol) and had a few drinks and went to bed! Sunday morning we headed back to Nova Scotia. John and I just hung out enjoying the last bit of time in our first home and of course since it was our anniversary we celebrated! Sunday September 27th 2009 marked the anniversary of the day I married my best friend!! We went to The Keg for dinner that night and then home to toast and have some of our wedding cake. It is tradition to save the top tier of the wedding cake and eat it on your first anniversary. It was actually pretty good and had stayed quite moist. I was surprised. John like it so much he wanted to save it for the next few anniversaries (he is such a cutie). Monday John went to a safety course in Truro and I stayed home and did some cleaning and such. Kerra came over and we had supper together and then we had some other visitors as well that evening. Monday night was our last night to sleep in our first house. Tuesday morning we got up and since we had a tonne of errands to do and meetings we were up quite early. We got everything done and still had time to meet some of John's friends for a coffee. I know it is hard on him to leave his friends as well. He has made some great friends while working for Aliant as well and I know it was tough on him!! We just keep reminding ourself that we will still keep in touch with everyone!! And we are only 3 and a half hours away so lots of visiting is in store for us.

Tuesday night we said good bye to our house. It was super cute because as we're getting ready to leave John turns to me and says, "I want to carry you out just as I did when I carried you in for the first time". I thought that was so cute!!! So he did....

On the drive to New Brunswick, I cried, cried and cried some more. I tried not to but it was hard. I cried as we pulled out of our drive way, as we crossed the boarder, when we talked about some of our memories and when I heard Beyonce's "Single Ladies" song since that was a TPCU fav among the girls. The next day while John was at work, I sipped coffee out of the "miss you" mug Madelene gave me, unpacked my box of 'good-bye' goodies the girls made me and re-read all the sweet notes and cards and I of course, cried a lot more! I then called John and said "we need a land line and we need a long distance plan". So of course we got one!! I'm doing much better now!!! I still miss everyone and I know I always will. BUT...I take comfort in knowing they are only a phone call away and we will see each other lots and always keep in touch. I love this quote from my all time favorite show-Sex & The City:

"Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away."


Here are some pics from our Anniversary and one very funny TPCU pic I had to post from our boat cruise. Janet & Rick have some great pics as well so hopefully I will get those soon. It was fun having our family in New Brunswick at our apartment. It made it feel more...homey or something! Thanks for everything guys!




Feeding each other our anniversary cake!


Cutting the top tier of our wedding cake



Dinner at the Keg.




This pic was on the boat cruise September 2009. I had to post it because it makes me laugh. Just as they snapped the pic a cooler behind Debbie who was taking the pic fell over and all the beer and coolers came crashing down. The looks on some of these faces are priceless!






No comments: