Friday, October 2, 2009

My New Gig-Desperate Housewife

Well, there you have it. I am 100% officially unemployed!! I filed for EI yesterday and am just waiting on my ROE before I can actually submit my claim. It feels so weird and slightly depressing. I've been working since I was 16 and even when I didn't have a job I was in school. At one point while in High School AND University, I was going to school and working 2 jobs. I have always worked and enjoyed working. This feel soooo weird! I am a complete case of emotions right now. Yesterday our house closed. That means, our first ever home is no longer ours! We are no longer home owners (Until we buy another house). I'm not going to lie. I had a mini meltodown last night. Poor John! He was soooo great and supportive and just held me as I cried. No matter what I tried to do to make myself think of something happy or funny so that I would stop crying, I just couldn't! Yesterday I was a complete sloth. I didn't do much at all. I guess I was just down and feeling sorry for myself (something I hate more than anything). I guess these emotions are normal since I have no job, no friends or family near by and no house! BUT I DO HAVE MY AMAZING HUSBAND! That in itself is awesome!! This morning I woke up determined to feel better! To stop wasting time and energy on such ridiculousness! I got up, met John at our lawyer's office (more on that later), got groceries, came home, cleaned like a son of a gun, called Erin, talked to my sis, got showered, applied for more jobs, and made a delicious candlelight dinner for the hubbs. He has been so sweet, sensitive and supportive. I just am reminded each and every day how luck I am to be spending forever with the most amazing partner!! He has come home on his coffee and lunch breaks because he knows my days are long which I appreciate. He loves that I am finally up here now and so do I. Today I thought I'd show my gratitude for being so sweet with a candle light dinner when he comes home and surprises me with some very gorgeous lillies!! How sweet! Tomorrow is another day and tomorrow will be even better than today!!! Because in life-all that is important is family, friends and love and I am so lucky to have it all!!!

No comments: