Friday, January 8, 2010

Life in Quispamsis so far...

Well, it has been a while since I made a real update post. Things are going well for us here in Saint JOhn now that we are all moved into our house. We had a nice visit from the Welcome Wagon, we continuously see deer in our back yard and next weekend I am going out for breakfast with a girl and a few of her friends from my new neighbourhood! I think we are going to really like it here. Now, don't get me wrong...I can't wait for the day we move home to be closer to our family and friends but I think we will like it here too!
The holidays seemed to go by super duper fast. It felt like all we did was drive too since we spent time at all 3 sets of parents house in as little as 4 days. We were in Cape Breton, then to Tantallon and then to New Ross. By the time we got back we were wiped out. New Years was nice, we relaxed all night and the long weekend that followed. Let's see, on NYE we made fajitas for supper, watched movies, watched the BT special on TV to countdown to 2010 and popped a bottle of bubbly too! Then we went to bed after all the calls had been made and received!
We woke up on New Years Day (AKA John's birthday) and had a nice breakfast. We relaxed and then I made John's birthday meal request (Meatloaf-yes I am serious). We went to see Avatar that night (another birthday boy request which I was more than happy with). It was an awesome awesome movie! We got there almost 45 minutes early because it was New Years Day so we thought it would be busy, we sat down, I drank a huge diet coke and sat there for about 3 and a half hours and didn't go pee once, lol! I know I know, too much information, but I am just trying to say that it was soooo good I didn't want to miss a minute of it! The 3D effects were amazing too! Its one movie I am glad I went to see on the big screen!
Saturday it was storming so we had another lazy day and another lazy day again on Sunday. It was so nice though. After our busy holidays it was great just to have some quiet time before heading back to work!!
Well, I guess I am out for now! I'll try to update again soon!

No comments: