Saturday, January 15, 2011

Forrest - 3 Weeks


Forrest is 3 Weeks old today. He is growing way too fast. Forrest is doing so so well. He is getting a little better with bath time every time we bath him! He still loves the car so that's great since we all know how much John & I love to make trips home. My mom (Nannie Shaw) went home today so we are definitely sad about that. It was so great having her here and she was such an amazing help to me!! I know it was just as hard on her leaving as it was on us since she lives 6-7 hours away and won't get to see him as much as we all would like.I really enjoyed having my mom here!!! On a more happy note, Nanny Walker is here for a visit and we are thrilled to have her! Forrest is very lucky to have 2 visits from 2 Nanny's in a row! What a spoiled boy (and mama ;)
We have been doing more outings with him which is nice. He also went for his first walk and loved it! The Bob Revolution stroller is AMAZING! We love love love it!
Last night was out best night yet. He only woke up twice to nurse(and have a bum change) and went right back to sleep! He does like to snuggle a lot and curl up on my chest to sleep. I love that too and take every opportunity to snuggle with him that I can. I also cannot seem to stop kissing him! haha!
John and I were super impressed and woke up before Forrest wondering why he was still asleep-haha!
Last Sunday we took him to the mother-baby clinic and they of course weighed him-he was 7lbs and 13 oz so he is certainly growing fast!!
Breastfeeding has been going really well and I feel so lucky in that sense. I know it is not always that easy and although it hasn't been a totally smooth road I do have to say that I have been blessed with how good it has been for me. The first 2 weeks were the most difficult but now we feel like it is relatively smooth sailing!
John has a long weekend this weekend so he, Nanny Walker and I are hanging out and relaxing. We're supposed to be getting some snow tonight so it will be a cozy night in!


Forrest - 3 Weeks


No comments: