Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hmmmm I Wonder...

As I approach the dreaded back to work situation I cannot help but wonder a few things. Such as...
-I wonder if I will ever get a full night's sleep?! haha Now I understand completely that developmentally babies are not really supposed to sleep through the night and I am even totally fine with Forrest waking once through the night but he wakes usually at least twice a night, nurses and then goes right back to sleep. Except of course when we have those rare but awful instances like last night where each and every time he woke up (which in this case was more than twice in one night) it was play time and then up for the day at 5:45am OUCH! Don't even want to think of that when I have to face an eight hour work day after that night. God love my husband who has never complained and yes folks he wakes up with him too every single night just as much as I do (he may not be the one staying up for the feeds but he still gets up which is something I am so grateful for and it certainly helps me out). It's funny because Forrest has never really been a great sleeper but he is ALWAYS sooooo pleasant during the day! I sometimes sit there scratching my head thinking "how can he be this pleasant when he slept like crap last night?!" But he is happy. All.The.Time.

- I wonder how the hell I am ever going to wean this child enough for me to go to work for 8-9 hours!YIKES! He is so boob dependant that I am fearful for the sitter-lol! This should be interesting and I probably should start this process but I dread it and I don't plan on weaning him completely until my body pretty much decides for me, but I will obviously have to cut out the day time nursing sessions! Stay tuned for adventures in weaning and I'm guessing it's going to be pretty hellish!

- I wonder how in the name of time I am going to be able to 'do it all'. I pride myself on the fact that I take great care of our boy - playing with him and teaching him things all day long. I only clean my house during nap time or when he goes to bed at night!! And when my husband comes home from work he always has a nice meal I've cooked for him. I even have time to blog, bake, work on photo editing, and do anything else I may wish to do. I have no idea how this will change when I go back to work. I know the slow cooker will likely be my new best friend!

No comments: