Monday, January 25, 2010

More Visitors To NB

Mom and Donald were up this weekend to visit! We had a great time showing them around. We really love having all this extra space in our new house! It's great for guests!
Mom and Donald arrived Friday evening and we had supper and relaxed. Saturday we went Uptown and to the city market. Then we continued the tour to McAllister place. Sunday we again went for a drive and Mom and I went for a nice walk. We walked around our subdivision looking at houses and other sights. LuLu (the deer that comes on a regular basis) was hiding so Mom did not get to see her. Its funny because the weekend prior to Mom & Donald's visit, Erin came to stay and she also did not get to see the famous LuLu. I think perhaps she is shy ;)
Mom and Donald stayed until Monday. We had a nice visit and the weather was great as well.
Now we are on to another work week and I am BUSY! Not only with customers and reps but also with lots of meetings. Tomorrow is our big 2010 kick off meeting in KV (KV=Kennebecasis Valley which consists of Rothesay and Quispamsis). Since KV is where we live, I will be close to home which is kind of nice. The meetings start in the afternoon but we have a lunch to go to at noon and then after the meetings there is a big dinner buffet thing. So tomorrow will be busy too! Of course Thursday and Friday I'll be busy catchign up on all the calls and emails I've missed while being out at these meetings. One thing I will say, I love being busy! This position is very fast pace which I love. The upbeat and positive attitudes of not only fellow employees but also management is great too. Everyone is so supportive, helpful and excited for the newbies to do well. So far I have to say I am enjoying the new gig! Although, I'm not gonna lie I miss all the TPCU gals every day. Other than that-I think I will do well at Xerox!
John also found out that one of his buddies he used to work with at Aliant in Halifax has accepted a position with Emera and will be moving to Saint John. He is looking forward to working with him again.
I'm looking forward to Thursday night because I am going to dinner and a movie with those gals I went out to breakfast with a couple weekend ago. We are going to see Leap Year, its a predictable romantic comedy but hey, its a night out!

No comments: