Thursday, July 22, 2010

18 Weeks Today

Today hits the 18 week mark and well frankly I am already of bored of that same survey I do each week. I think I will change it up here and there and do that survey every couple of weeks or maybe every second week-we'll see! I decided today I will just give a little update.

This week:

Feeling: Pretty good. After a long emotional weekend/early in the week I am very tired. Yesterday my morning sickness was back with a vengence which was odd since I thought I was past that but I think I can attribute that to me being overtired and the heat doesn't help things.

Energy: The past couple of days its been pretty low. I'm extremely tired and sluggish. I know this will pass with a few more good night's sleep though.


Baby planning: Got a few fabric swatches in the mail for bedding I like and have a few paint chips picked for the nursery. Also, John wants to get one of the bigger items bought this month like the stroller or car seat or something so we at least have a start on the baby purchases. We're also still tossing around names-although I will tell you all now that we are going to keep the names hush hush until after the baby is born. We only plan to have 2 secrets/surprises and that is the sex and the name. The sex no one will know-including us and the name(s) we will keep to ourselves!

Our first ultrasound is tomorrow and we are sooooo excited!!! We cannot wait to see our baby!! I will be sure to update as soon as I get back to work.


As for new symptoms or changes - well I guess I am now definitely showing. Pretty much none of my old pants fit anymore but I did get my bella bands yesterday and am wearing one today with a pair of my old non-maternity pants. My tops and dresses still fit fine though. I am experiencing heartburn sometimes which is new. And I've got some slight back and sciatic pain-nothing I can't handle though-I'm a tough cookie ;) It's all soo sooo worth it!!

I don't have a bump picture this week though. I have a few other pictures I may post later tonight.

According to this website I follow - this is where we are this week:
Fetal Development
Our little one is nearly half a pound now and very human looking. Pads are forming on the fingertips and toes, and the eyes are looking forward rather than out the sides of the head. Meconium, the baby's first bowel movement, is accumulating within the bowel. If your baby is a boy, his prostate gland is beginning to develop.
If you notice your belly making jerky movements in sync, don't panic; your baby may have the hiccups!
Maternal Changes:
Feeling dizzy, lightheaded or faint are normal during pregnancy. These symptoms aren't harmful unless they occur frequently or severely. "Postural hypotension" is low blood pressure due to a change in position and happens frequently in pregnancy because your cardiovascular system doesn't react as fast.
Your uterus is just below your belly button now.
If you're having an ultrasound to verify fetal age or for other reasons, your careprovider will probably schedule it between now and 20 weeks. It's often possible to determine your baby's sex at this stage, and you'll be able to tell arms from legs and all sorts of delightful details.

No comments: