Thursday, September 9, 2010

2 Milestones Today: 25 Weeks & 6 Years

Today marks 25 weeks! We are getting soooo close to meeting our little one! I still feel great-although a little tired this week after such a busy weekend! Baby is about the size of an eggplant (approximately 9 inches long and 1.5 lbs). Baby Walker is moving and grooving a lot these days and John is starting to feel it more often which is awesome! We get baby emails everyday from What To Expect and we got one yesterday that said that starting now, Dad will soon be able to hear the heartbeat by pressing his ear to my tummy-hearing the heartbeat sans doppler = pretty awesome!! So we tried that last night but John did not hear anything-he did get a kick from baby in the ear though-hahaha! I have my glucose challenge test booked this Friday so I will drink an orange syrupy drink and get some blood drawn! We also got a call from the Pre-Natal clinic for our first appointment there. It is September 28th! We are looking forward to meeting the doctor that will possibly be delivering our baby! Whoa Nelly-it's all getting so real now!
I still just crave sweets-I was doing pretty good too! I really cut back on the wagon wheel intake and still can't get enough cereal-we buy the big family size box of multi-grain cheerios now). Cereal makes the best meal in my opinion ;)
Still no stretch marks ::knock on wood:: but I am growing and my belly is starting to get itchy. I put cream on every morning and then John rubs cream on my belly at night (this is one of my favorite parts of my day).
If you were to ask me what I miss now though I'd have to say I do miss sleeping on my back-hahaha! After the 4 month mark you are really not supposed to sleep on your back - click here to read why.
We are also planning to get the crib and change table/dresser this weekend. We're super excited for that. We plan to spend Sunday putting it together! I'll be sure to take and post some pictures!!!
As for the other part of my blog post title-today marks one of the most important days in my life! It is the day I started dating the love of my life! September 9, 2004 was the day my life truly became complete for if this day never happened we would not be where we are today! I fell in love with John not long after we started dating and I can almost tell you the exact moment I knew I would marry him and spend the rest of my life with him (but I'll save this little bit of info for just myself). I am sooo happy and in love and I literally feel like my life could not contain anymore but I know in a matter of a couple months my heart will hold even more! John dear, thanks for 6 great years of being the most loving and supportive partner, my best friend and already the most amazing daddy in the world! Baby and I are very lucky to have you and we love you so so much!

2 comments:

Sheena Ivy said...

Congrats on both the milestones Mama! XO

Mrs.W said...

Thanks Mama Bear!