Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We Officially Have A Momma's Boy


Last night John and I went to the movies while my mom stayed home and babysat Forrest for us! It's so nice when she comes to visit because she gives us the chance to get out on a date night. We hadn't had a real date night since she and Donald were here in April! Anyway, John and I went to the late show and so we put Forrest to bed before we left. We saw Transformer's (Hubb's choosing not mine) and it was a 2 and a half hour movie. I guess Forrest woke up at 10pm and stayed awake for 2 hours until we got home. Mom tried everything to soothe him and he just cried and cried. He even refused the bottle and gagged on it which worries me because the last thing I want at this point is for him to start refusing the bottle....YIKES! As soon as we walked through the door and he saw me and I picked him up the crying stopped! I nursed him and cuddled him and he went to sleep afterwards without a peep! People have made teasing comments that he is a momma's boy but now I am starting to see that it's no joke - we have a bonafide momma's boy and truth be told, well...I'm not complaining ;) I know that in 15 years when he no longer will cuddle or be my sookie baby and he'll have a girlfriend I'll look back on these days and thank my lucky stars that I had a little boy who only wanted his momma!! I'll remember the late night snuggles and the way his face lit up when he saw me! In fact, I plan to get a video of when I go into his room afte nap time because never in all my life has anyone been that happy to see me! His little face literally lights up into the biggest smile and his legs are just a kicking and he is so so excited!!! It completely melts my heart every.single.time. There is no better feeling!!! So for now, this momma is just happy having a momma's boy even if it does make going out occasionally a bit more difficult! I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

No comments: