I promise I will be better now. Now that our travels have stopped, weddings are over and things have calmed down for us, I promise I will get back to blogging regularly. Soooo, what have I missed, let's see....
1) Forrest is beyond crawling (which he started downing around 6 months - 6 and a half months) but he is now pulling himself up on everything. He started doing this the night I went away for Erin's bachelorette (August 13th) and now he is not only pulling himself up to a standing position but he is walking along things like the couch, tables, chairs, etc. He also sits up on his knees and can get up and down to whatever postion he likes without falling and bumping his little noggin.
2) We have a tooth. The bottom left tooth was cut when I was home in CB during my grandmother's illness/passing!! It started when I thought Forrest was sick (remember this post). Turns out the doctor said he didn't appear to be sick at all and that is was likely just teething. Sure enough a week or so later I notice a little white mark on his gums and then a week or so after that I see and feel the little tooth!
3) Forrest is now standing in his crib and boycotting all naps. He cries, screams and freaks out when it is nap time and when I finally cave and go to him he is standing up looking over the side of the crib. This freaks me out because....
4) He jumped/leaped/plunged out of his exersaucer a couple of weeks ago. His exersaucer was the one place I could put him and then quickly run to the bathroom/grab the ringing phone/put my coffee cup in the kicthen for never more than a few seconds but this one time as I ran to the kitchen I heard him crying and when I ran to him I saw that he was on the floor. Of course I didn't have time to think I just ran to him, scooped him up and snuggled him like crazy but then as I sat there rocking and cuddling my poor little baby I realized what happened...super baby got out of his exersaucer all on his own. Yes I know other moms that are reading this and have their own exersaucers are thinking "How the hell did he do that?!" and when I figure that out I'll let you know but I cannot for the life of me figure out how my extremely active baby got out of it but he did. Needless to say I take him with me everywhere now (yes even the bathroom) or I have set up the pack and play and I stick him in there!! BTW-he was not really hurt from the exersaucer incident but he did have a tiny little bruise! Still - he cried, I cried and it was not pretty!
5) He is still not a huge fan of food or a bottle of pumped milk. He'll take it but he would much rather have milk straight from the tap (thanskfully he was very good to take the bottle during Erin's wedding weekend-phewf).
Well thats it I guess. I have his 39 week picture coming soon and his 9 month post as well. Bear with me as I get everything up to date. I also have a post on our weekend with my in laws (Nanny and Grandad) and our first time apple picking as a family (with some extremely cute pictures of course).